Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our first post!! Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

These cookies are SO good! I have made them twice and they were devoured both times. The first time they were mostly devoured by myself. The second time I made them for a family BBQ and luckily I only got 2 or 3.


These cookies are super easy. My boys had a great time unwrapping all of the Reese's peanut butter cups and then loved pushing them down into the cookies when they came out of the oven.


Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 40 Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside
  3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
  4. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin tin.
  5. Back at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

I got this recipe from a great blog, Crafting Chicks. You have to check it out. They have a bunch of fun ideas and projects. I only made one change to the recipe when I made it. I increased the cooking time by one minute. When I cooked them for 8 minutes they didn't seem quite done in the middle. I used my silicone mini muffin pan, that might have been why I needed to increase the cooking time.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!