Friday, August 1, 2008

Banana Bread....with or without chocolate

I LOVE banana bread. I especially love it with chocolate!! I have one son that will not eat it with chocolate chips and two that are like me and love it with the chocolate. I always make the banana bread in my 4 loaf mini loaf pan and make one without chocolate. The bread doesn't last long around here!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Banana Bread
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sour milk(1 T vinegar)
  • 3 large mashed bananas
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t vanilla
Directions: Cream shortening, sugar and eggs. Mix in sour milk and bananas. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well. Mix in vanilla. Add chocolate chips(if desired). Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 30 minutes in 4 mini greased loaf pans or approx. 1 hour in one regular greased loaf pan.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty blog! I'm making banana bread with chocolate this week. Your salsa looks so yummy. I make mine with canned tomatoes too-and it's just plain yummy.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!