Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Molly's Rolls

So...I love bread any bread!! I can eat an entire loaf when it is warm right out of the oven! I have been blessed with a fast metabolism, but I am sure that when I am no longer chasing 4 boys around all day, everyone is going to KNOW how much I LOVE bread:) Actually now that I am getting older and after recently having baby #4, you can already see that I love my carbs:)

I have never had much success with baking my own bread and rolls. I never seem to get it to rise very well and end up with a roll that is too heavy and just not good!! Anyone that knows me may wonder why I can't make bread when my mother makes such WONDERFUL bread and rolls! Guess I was too busy with other things in high school to really sit down and learn.

I have really been working on my bread making skills and made some bread last night that was SO yummy! Wonderful texture too! I did have one major problem with it though....I put my bread pans too close together to rise and the dough stuck together, so when I pulled them apart and put them in the oven to cook the tops fell. The bread is delicious though, so I will try it again this week and try to get a good picture to share with the recipe.

I got the recipe for these rolls from my friend, Molly, a couple of years ago and have adapted it so that it is a small enough batch that I can make it using my Kitchen-Aid. These rolls are wonderful and believe me when I say that if I can make them.....than anyone can!!



Molly's Rolls

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/2 T salt
  • 1 egg
  • flour

Directions: In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly(about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise and additional 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Rotate pans after 7 minutes.) Brush hot rolls with melted butter.

Have a GREAT evening! I'm off to get kids fed and dressed for Cub Scouts Pack meeting:)

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love homemade rolls so I'm trying this one out too. That jam photo is toooo tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade bread of any kind...these rolls look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm, I love homemade rolls an have been meaning to make some, maybe this week I'll get some time to bake. Yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like fresh rolls. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fresh rolls are my favorite with butter. looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These rolls look cotton soft. I am always on the hunt for a good roll recipe.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!