Saturday, August 2, 2008

Strawberry Freezer Jam

I made this freezer jam yesterday and it is SO yummy. It is the recipe right off the sure-jell package. Since strawberries were not on sale this week, I used frozen strawberries. I actually like using the frozen strawberries, I think they are usually sweeter than the fresh ones that you buy at the grocery store.


If you want to make this jam, you will need:
  • 1 quart of strawberries, it will puree down to 1 pint
  • 4 cups of sugar
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 box of fruit pectin

Directions: Crush fruit(I pureed mine in my food processor), add 4 cups of sugar to the fruit. Bring the fruit pectin and water to a boil on high heat and boil for one minute, then add the hot pectin to the fruit and sugar. Stir until sugar is desolved. Let sit for 24 hours before you move it to the freezer.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!