Monday, August 18, 2008

Taco Salad

It sure seems like we eat A LOT of Mexican food!! We love tacos! They are fast, easy and cheap.


Taco Salad
For the shell: Place a flour tortilla over a large(empty and clean) can. Spray the tortilla with cooking spray and bake at 375 for ~10 minutes. Keep an eye on it and when it just starts to turn brown and is crispy. After you take it out of the oven it will crisp a little more, so if it is still a little pliable when you take it out, that's okay.
Taco Meat: Cook 1 pound of hamburger. Drain off grease. While taco meat is cooking mix together the following(or you can just use a package of your favorite taco seasoning). 2 t. chili powder, 1 1/2 t. salt, 1 t. garlic powder, 1 t. corn starch, 1 t. ground cumin, 1 t. cayenne pepper(more or less according to taste). Add the seasoning to the meat and add approx. 1/4 cup water. Cook until hot.
Assemble: Use whatever you like and have on hand. I serve mine with lettuce, meat, beans(if I have them), cheese, sour cream and LOTS of salsa. This would be great with some of Amber's Pico!
We are finally starting to get a lot of tomatoes off our garden plants!! I am so excited to get making salsa, marinara, and spicy vegtable juice!! I have also been given a lot of zucchini! Tomorrow I will share 2 sweet and tasty zucchini dishes! This picture makes it look like I have more cheese than anythings else. Ha, Ha, maybe I do:)
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love taco salad! I forgot about those cute tortilla bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking dinner! There's no better way to eat tacos than in those cute shells! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taco salads, that is always what I order when I go to a Mexican restaurant. The best part (but most unhealthy) is the shell...I've never thought to make it at home! What a great idea and I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would go over huge at my house. I love taco salads and with your pico I'd be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!