Thursday, September 18, 2008

Levain Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycats

I found this recipe at the Picky Palate blog, who found it at the Cookie Madness Blog. I LOVE these cookies!! I have made them SEVERAL times!! They are just SO yummy!! A slight crunch on the outside and chewy on the inside! I left out the walnuts, my boys WON"T eat cookies with any nuts. You've GOT to try these! Do use bread flour, it really does make a difference. I had to make these with half bread flour and half all-purpose since I ran out of the bread flour and they did not turn out as well. If you haven't and if you have(do it again), go check out the Picky Palate and also the Cookie Madness Blog. I used my large ice cream scoop and actually made 15 cookies instead of 12.



Levain Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycats
Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces (two sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3 cups BREAD flour (13 1/2 oz)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 to 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped, untoasted walnuts

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter and both sugars just until they come together. Don’t overbeat. Add the egg and beat just until incorporated. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda. When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. The dough should be neither sticky nor dry.

Divide dough into about 12 mounds, but keep the mounds kind of raggedy. That is, don’t smash them into compact balls. Bake on ungreased insulated cookie sheet or an upside down rimmed cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350. Cool on sheet for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

This should make a dozen 4 oz. cookies or eight 6 oz. cookies. Check out Levain Bakery here.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I need to try these, my boys would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good! I love cookies that have that "crunch" but then are still chewy. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these giant cookies. I made them a while ago and loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try this version! I love a big choc. chipper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing these-why don't I crack down and make them????? I think it's that chilling time-if I make a cookie I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made those as well and they were great! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!