Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Beef Fajitas

We loved these fajitas!! I found the marinade recipe here at the Culinary Cafe. The meat was very flavorful. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of this. I find it hard to get a good picture of dinner when my 5 boys(including my husband) are starving and in NO mood to wait for the pictures. I saved a little of the marinade to saute with the peppers and onions.


Beef Fajitas
Ingredients:
  • 2 lb. skirt steak
  • marinade(below)
  • 2 bell peppers, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • tortillas

Directions: Marinade beef for at least 4 hours. Grill or broil until cooked through. Saute peppers and onions in oil. Add a little of the reserved marinade to the vegetables and cook until heated through. Slice steak and add to the vegetables. Serve in warm tortillas with cheese, cilantro, salsa, sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice.

Marinade

Ingredients:

  • 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 t salt
  • 1 T chili powder
  • 1/2 t red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 T dark soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped roughly

Directions: Mix everything above together. Let beef marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and chicken for at least 2 hours. Then grill over charcoal for best results but it is also good in the broiler.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about getting pictures around hungry people! My husband is always pulling the plate I'm photographing away...

    These sound great..I haven't made fajitas in a while. They would be a hit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I was just craving a beef fajita the other day, now I've got to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made fajitas with this recipe tonight. They were GREAT!!! Well worth a try if you've been searching for a great marinade.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!