Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bean and Cheese Burritos with Red Sauce

We love beans at our house!! I usually cook a crock pot full of beans at LEAST once a week and then use it for a couple of different meals throughout the week. Bean and cheese burritos with red sauce is one of our favorites. They are quick, easy and cheap! I am planning to cook up another pot full of beans tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some pictures and let you know how WE cook up our beans.

I took this pictures AFTER my husband had already started to devour, I mean eat his burrito. I have a couple of different recipes for homemade red sauce that I will be trying out soon. IF the recipe or recipes prove to be something my family enjoys, you'll hear about it here:)


Bean and Cheese Burritos w/ Red Sauce


Ingredients:
  • Beans
  • Cheese
  • Red sauce(enchilada sauce)
  • Toppings..(salsa, shredded lettuce, sour cream, sliced olives)
Directions: Spray cooking spray into a baking dish and pour a thin layer of red sauce to coat the bottom of the dish. Spread your beans onto your tortilla(I puree my beans in the food processor and spread them like THICK butter). I happened to have some whole black beans that I had cooked earlier in the week and needed to use up, so I threw some of those on too. Add some cheese and roll up. Place the burrito in the baking dish and continue until you have the desired amount of burritos. Top with red sauce. We like a lot of red sauce and the tortillas seem to soak it up, so I add A LOT:). Top with cheese and bake at 375 until hot, bubbly and the cheese starts to brown. Place the burrito on a plate and top.
Pin It!

1 comment:

THANKS for visiting!!