Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blackened Salmon

I LOVE this blackened salmon!! This recipe is an adapted from a recipe that I found at realsimple.com.



Blackened Salmon

Ingredients:
  • 4 salmon fillets, ~1/2 inch thick
  • 3 1/2 T butter
  • juice of one lemon
  • 2 1/2 T paprika
  • 3/4 t cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t ground thyme
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 t kosher salt
  • 1 t fresh ground black pepper, or course ground

Directions: Melt butter in an oven safe skillet(I used cast iron), add lemon juice. Mix all seasonings together in a bowl. Dip each salmon fillet(both sides) in the butter and lemon juice. Dip both sides in seasoning until well coated. Cook the salmon fillet for about 2 minutes per side in the skillet, until blackened. Remove salmon and place on a plate. Repeat with the remaining salmon until all are blackened. Place the salmon fillets back in the skillet. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 8 minutes, until cooked through. My fillets were a little thinner and didn't need 8 minutes.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have been craving some salmon lately...I love your blackened recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!