Monday, March 9, 2009

Peanut Butter Fingers

I haven't made these in SO long!! My sisters and I used to make these with my dad's little sisters. Yes, my dad's little sisters are my aunts, but they are younger than me and we grew up more like sisters or best friends, so I have a hard time calling them my aunts:)


These are SO good!! We all LOVE them and so did the girls that I made them for. Normally, I would neatly drizzle the peanut butter frosting, but my three year old had a blast swirling it on top. He is a WONDERFUL help in the kitchen!!




Peanut Butter Fingers

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter + 1/4 cup for the frosting
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup oats(I used old fashioned)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-4 T milk
  • 16 oz. chocolate chips(I used milk chocolate)

Directions: Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg, 1/3 cup peanut butter, baking soda, salt and vanilla, mix well. Stir in flour and oats. Spread batter in 9x13 ungreased pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. After baking,but while still hot, sprinkle with 16 oz. chocolate chips. Spread chocolate evenly. Drizzle with peanut butter frosting.

Frosting: Beat together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup peanut butter and 2-4 T milk.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing!!! My husband and I are in love! Thank you for sharing this recipe. My hips however are not as appreciative as my taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these bars!!! I called Steph for the recipe because I had been talking them up to Ben and I hadn't made them in a million years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, yummy, yummy!! We used to make these ALL the time. I have been on a big peanut butter kick lately! I might have to make some of these again SOON! My in-laws are coming for dinner tonight, maybe that will have to be dessert! :) Nicole has been making homemade Oreo's lately! (I helped with a couple of batches while I was up there) Those are SO yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made these tonight and I have to say they were rich and delicious!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!