Wednesday, October 28, 2009

pressure cooker

Just thought I'd pass along a GREAT deal!!


Do any of you out there can or bottle food? I recently bottled chicken. I had to borrow a pressure cooker from my mother-in-law and also my husbands aunt(had A LOT to can). Anyway, it was SO easy and now we are enjoying the chicken. It is so nice to pull a jar from the pantry and add it to soups, salads, sandwiches....etc.

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell you all about the great deal that I got recently on an All-American 30-quart pressure cooker/canner. I bought it from amazon.com for $239.00 including tax and shipping. From what I have read and been told, this is one of the best brands of pressure cookers. I WISH I had the means ($$) to purchase one of these for a give-away(wouldn't that be fun?!), but I don't. If you do a lot of canning and are interested in buying a great pressure cooker, check it out. You can can 19 pints or 14 quarts at a time.

I can't wait to try out this recipe for canned stew. I'll be trying it in the next week or two and let you know how it goes.
I will be sharing a recipe for alfredo sauce and some YUMMY garlic butter shrimp soon(possibly tomorrow...so stay tuned.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh now that's a pretty pressure cooker! :)

    I cook the stew at 12 pounds pressure for 30 minutes sorry I better go fix that in my post!

    ;)Rachel

    Let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shrimp. I will have to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!