Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baked Rigatoni

My sister told me about this recipe that she found at Real Mom Kitchen. I LOVE Laura's blog. She found the recipe at Recipes of a Cheapskate.

My family LOVED this pasta!! So yummy! I served a simple salad on the side. I will be making this again!!
Baked Rigatoni
Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg (16 oz) rigatoni pasta
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 qt milk (4 cups)
  • 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese(I used 1/2 mozzarella, and 1/2 provolone)
  • about 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
  • seasonings (onion salt, pepper, cayenne pepper)
  • small pads of butter for top

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter over medium heat and start water boiling for pasta. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour. Add your milk, and continue to stir until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. When the water is boiling, add pasta and cook until just past the al-dente stage. Just starting to get soft. When the white sauce is done, add your seasoning, ham, and cheese. stir well, to get the cheese melted. Drain your pasta and add to the sauce. Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 pan, smooth the top and sprinkle with cheese. Dot the top with your pads of butter and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and brown.

According to Recipes from a Cheapskate if you’re trying to freeze this recipe, let it cool completely after pouring it into the pan, then add your cheese on top and the butter. Cover securely and freeze. If cooking it frozen, add about 30 minutes on the time, and check the center before you take it out.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That looks and sounds so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I LOVE it, the recipes are easy and the food looks delish! I am soooo excited to have found you! Thanks for a great blog! Now, I am off to bake and cook ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the dinner idea tonight. Haven't tasted it yet because it's still in the oven but it sure looks yummy. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have run across your blog while searching for a pasta recipe. This looks amazing. Can't wait to try it. Do you mind if I link to your blog from my food blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so rich and delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you loved this recipe! It's one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is heaven everything looks so divine..yummo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this and it was fantastic!!! Your blog is amazing and I can't wait to try some other recipes!! I'm making the banana cake with cream cheese frosting today! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much onion salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper do you add? Thanks! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't measure, just dumped..tasted and added more if it needed it. I would start with 1/2 teaspoon onion salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne...taste and go from there according to your taste :) Hope you enjoy it!!

      Delete
  10. I made this and it tasted really "floury". I following the directions exactly. We didn't like it because of the flour taste.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!