Thursday, October 21, 2010

Monkey Muffins - with apple pie filling


This WONDERFUL recipe comes from The Pioneer Woman. These are SO yummy!! I used the white bread recipe that I posted last. The last time I made these I added some apple pie filling in with the balls of dough before I let them rise. I was canning apple pie filling and applesauce a couple of weeks ago and decided to try some of the apple pie filling in these and it was so good!! I got the apple pie filling recipe here. Yum!! If you like apple pie filling...try this!!



Monkey Muffins

Ingredients:
Leftover Bread Dough (or Refrigerated Biscuit Dough, Cut Into Thirds)
  • Butter
  • Sugar
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Sweetened, Condensed Milk

Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add 1/2 teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in sugar and cinnamon.
Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut refrigerated biscuit dough into thirds). Place three into each muffin tin.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon. Allow dough to rise, if applicable, or just go ahead and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one. Be generous! Allow rolls to sit for a little while to absorb the sweet, sticky milk.

If you want to add the apple pie filling, chop the pie filling and add in with the rolls of dough. Repeat the other steps as described above.

The pictures above are not made in muffin tins, but little ceramic Christmas ornament dishes that I bought from Micheal's last Christmas season. I thought I had taken pictures the the 'muffins' I had made, but...guess not.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These monkey muffins with apple pie filling look great! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!