Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Paula Deen's Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate

There is nothing that reminds me of Grandma like Cinnamon Toast and Hot Chocolate. I tried this recipe from Food Network for Paula Deen's Hot Chocolate and it is really Yummy!

I am still planning to share the mixed berry syrup from the crepe post with you, I just can't find my recipe book. We have had a few things disappear lately...shoes, books, etc...guess it's time to go hunting for the 2 year old's hiding places:)

Paula Deen's Dreamy Creamy Hot Chocolate
Ingredients:
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 6 1/2 cups hot water
  • miniature marshmallows(optional-I used whipped cream)

Directions: In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top with marshmallows if desired.

Tip: Chocolate can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh this might be perfect done in the crock pot for some of our winter office lunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm yeah. I'll be making that tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hot chocolate recipe. It looks (and sounds) wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely...I will definitely have to save this one...Just wanted to say...I miss your posts! I still check religiously!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!