Monday, May 2, 2011

Sweet and Sour Asian Wraps

My Sister found this recipe in her April Family Circle Magazine. When she told me about it, I told her to send me the recipe. I LOVE lettuce wraps and these are SO good!! I've made them twice, once with shredded chicken(that I had bottled) and ground turkey(didn't have ground chicken at my store). I really like them both ways! My husband really liked them with the ground turkey. The ones with the ground turkey were definitely juicier.

I also couldn't find the fish sauce at my grocery store so I left that out of the dipping sauce. The first time I made them with the shredded chicken, I also added some chopped almonds on top(SO GOOD). I also added about a teaspoon of crushed red peppers to my husbands dipping sauce. I made two bowls of dipping sauce and then we just added a spoonful or two to our wraps before we ate them.




Sweet and Sour Asian Wraps

Ingredients:

(Sauce)
2 T soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
2 T Sugar
1 t fish sauce
1/4 t. sriracha
1 T water (I didn't add the water)

(wraps)
1 T canola oil
1 lb. ground chicken
1 sm red sweet pepper (chopped)
1 t sugar
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t ground ginger
1/4 sriracha
2 scallions chopped
1 T soy sauce
16 lg. bibb lettuce leaves
sliced cucumbers, scallions, mint and limes for serving

Directions:
Dipping sauce:
Stir together all ingredients in a small dish and set aside.

Wraps: Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in chicken and cook 2 minutes breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon. Stir in red pepper, sugar, garlic powder, ginger and sriracha. Cook 3 minutes, until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Take off heat and stir in scallions and soy sauce.



To serve, spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf and top with cucumber, scallions, mint, and a squeeze of lime. Serve with dipping sauce and brown rice.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog :) I was wondering what to use that canned chicken my mother in law gave us for! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!