Thursday, October 27, 2011

Butter Cream Frosting

I LOVE butter cream frosting!  I posted this recipe...back when I posted the recipe for the BEST sugar cookies ever.  I decided that I would post it again....because it deserves it's own post. 

This frosting is SO good on sugar cookies and GREAT with cinnamon roles! 

One of my boys turned 6 a couple of weeks ago and asked for blue frosting for his chocolate cupcakes...so I tried the butter cream frosting and what do you know...it was also great with chocolate cupcakes.

I know that it looks like their is more frosting than cupcake...and maybe there is....

Butter Cream Frosting

Ingredients:
1 lb. Powdered Sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cube(1/4 cup) butter (softened)
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1 1/2 t. vanilla

Directions:  With mixer, whip butter until soft and creamy.  Add powdered sugar and salt.  Add powdered sugar and mix.  Add milk a little at a time to desired consistency.  If necessary, add a little more milk to thin or powdered sugar to thicken.  Add vanilla and food coloring(if desired).  Mix well.  Spread on cake, cookies, or cinnamon rolls.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love buttercream with chocolate cake and yes, it's ok if there is more frosting than cake. Interesting that you use evaporated milk here...I might have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!