Saturday, December 1, 2012

Krispie Caramel Marshmallows


I remember my Mom making these when I was younger and decided to try them.  They are SO yummy!!  I found the recipe here.  It took awhile to get the caramels to melt, but it is worth the wait.  I used an old fork the I have bent the middle prong up to make it easier to dip and release things :)  There are yummy and really quite simple.

Krispie Caramel Marshmallows

Ingredients:
1 package (10 ounces) Rice Krispie Cereal
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1 package (14 ounces) caramels
1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows

Directions:  Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside.  In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, combine the milk, butter and caramels, stirring until smooth.  Remove from the heat.  With a fork, quickly dip marshmallows into hot mixture; allow excess to drip off.  Roll in cereal.  Place on a foil-lined pan; chill for 30 minutes.  Remove from the pan and refrigerate in an airtight container.  Yield:  5-6 dozen.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Every time I have tried to make them my marshmallows expand in the carmel. How do you keep from this happening?

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!