Thursday, January 10, 2013

My favorite SIMPLE Spaghetti

I seriously LOVE this spaghetti!!  This recipe is slightly adapted from The Lettered Cottage.  This recipe has a few simple ingredients and I LOVE that I can use my tomatoes that I bottled during the fall.  I saw this recipe in October and have already made it several times:)  Usually when I make this, the sauce is a little on the thin side(probably because I never wait the full 30 for it to simmer), but I actually like it like that because I can soak it up so nicely with my garlic bread or bread sticks.

My favorite SIMPLE Spaghetti

Ingredients: 
5 c. water
1 env. dry Lipton onion soup
8 oz. package of spaghetti
1 lb. ground chuck or turkey (I love it with ground turkey)
garlic salt
2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
2 - 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes (I use 1 quart of bottled garden tomatoes)

Directions:   Brown meat, drain, and return to skillet.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and add oregano and sweet basil. Purée tomatoes in blender and add to meat mixture. Simmer for about 30 minutes.

While the sauce is simmering....bring water with Lipton onion soup to a boil.  Add spaghetti and cook uncovered according to package directions, until tender. Do not drain spaghetti.

Add meat sauce to spaghetti and mix well
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!