Tuesday, November 12, 2013

O'Henry Bars

Quick post...just wanted to share this recipe today.  We loved these at my house!!  Chocolate, peanut butter, oats...what's not to love?  You like that big 'glob' of chocolate/peanut butter on the bar below?  I had a little left on the spoon after I 'smeared' the topping around...I scraped it off and that's where it landed.  Best bite of the batch :)

O'Henry Bars
Ingredients:
 2/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
3 t. vanilla
4 cups quick oats

Topping:
1 cup chocolate chips(I used semi-sweet)
2/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:  Cream together butter and brown sugar.  Add corn syrup and vanilla.  Add oats and mix well.  Press mixture into a greased 9x13" pan.  I also lined the bottom of the pan with wax paper to make it easier to get the bars out when they were finished.  Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.  Melt together chocolate chips and peanut butter.  Spread on cooled bars.  Refrigerate to allow the peanut butter, chocolate chip mixture to harden.  Cut into bars.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!