Friday, August 14, 2015

Iced Lemon Cookies


One of my sons took a cooking class while in Jr. High.  Now he has a binder full of delicious recipes that I need to try out.  We really liked these cookies!!  They are simple with only a few ingredients.  I adapted the icing recipe a little for my taste....if you prefer, you can add less lemon extract and less milk to make a thicker icing.  I attempted to drizzle my icing on the cookies....and my attempt was not that great! :) ...but I was in a hurry and I'm not even close to a perfectionist, so it was good enough for me!

Iced Lemon Cookies
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil....or canola, I usually have canola
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
2 Tablespoons milk

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet.  Bake for no more than 8 minutes.  Do not over bake!

To make lemon icing:  Mix together powdered sugar, lemon extract and milk.  You can always add less or more milk or powdered sugar to get it to your desired consistency. 

Now....ice your cookies.  You can spread it on thick or 'drizzle' like I did.  BUT I'm sure you can do a much better job of drizzling :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!