Monday, January 25, 2016

Bread - 2 Loaves

I love homemade bread....I really love 'fresh' homemade bread.  My other white bread recipe makes 5-6 loaves of bread.  We don't eat that much bread before it starts to feel 'old' to me.  So I have started using my roll recipe and it is perfect for 2 loaves of bread.  I have been making this recipe once, sometimes twice a week and it has been perfect!!


One day I was making bread....and I forgot about it.  I let it rise for too long....so...it didn't look pretty.  But, my boys said it was the best bread they had ever eaten.  It might have been because it was nice and hot and they were starving :)
haha....not pretty, but still delicious!!

I am going to copy my roll recipe below, but change the directions for the bread.

Bread - 2 Loaves

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 T salt
1 egg
4-6 cups flour

Directions: In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly(about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix.  Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.  Mix in oil and egg.  Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl.  I continue to 'mix' my bread in my mixer(with bread hook or attachment) for 5-6 minutes to 'knead' it.  Let rise in mixing bowl, until doubled for about 30 minutes. Form into 2 loaves and place into greased bread pans. Let rise until doubled again for an additional 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Brush hot bread with melted butter.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!