Monday, January 11, 2016

Mexican pizza and this weeks menu

One of my goals for this year is to do better with menu planning....when I say do better, I mean actually start menu planning.  Several years ago I would plan my menu out a month at a time, it is SO nice to have a menu plan.  Most of the time I enjoy cooking....but I really dread trying to decide what to make for dinner everyday and find that I make the same things over and over.  I also find myself going to the grocery store nearly everyday when I don't have a plan.

I am going to try to plan for 6 meals with one night for leftovers.  I am going to try a new recipe(to us) each week.  

I am going to share my menu for the previous week here with you.  You can see how boring we are :) ...and maybe get some ideas for dinner at your house.

I am sharing last weeks menu, so I can share our new recipe of the week with you and let you know how it went. 

Menu:
Monday:  Chicken Enchiladas
Tuesday:  Mexican Pizza (recipe below)
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  Breakfast Burritos
Saturday:  Homemade Pizza

SO....Saturday night we ended up eating frozen pizza and bell peppers.  Just didn't have time for homemade pizza and 2 of the boys were at friends parties....

The Mexican pizza was a huge hit and will definitely be added to the rotation on a frequent basis!


I found this recipe at Domestic Superhero.  She has great step-by-step pictures.  My family really LOVED this dinner!!

Mexican Pizza

Ingredients(for 5 medium size pizzas):
10 medium flour tortillas
~2 cans refried beans...canned from the store or make your own
1 small can red enchilada sauce (I used Macayo's brand), I only used ~1/2 small can for 5 pizzas
cheese
diced tomatoes
avocado
sour cream

Directions:  Adjust your ingredients depending on how many pizzas you will be making.  Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Heat your tortillas on a griddle or skillet until they get crispy, turn them frequently so they don't burn.  Spread a layer of beans on half of the tortillas, top with the other half.  Spread a layer of enchilada sauce on the top tortilla and sprinkle with cheese and diced tomatoes.  Place pizzas on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.  I had my pizzas on 2 large baking sheets and rotated the pans at 5 minutes.  I baked my for 10 minutes and then put them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese.  I served my with sour cream and diced avocado.

What are you making for dinner this week?  Please share ideas with me in the comments :)
Pin It!

1 comment:

THANKS for visiting!!